The largest bank in India, State Bank of India offers a facility to link their Aadhar card to their bank account online.
Link SBI Account to Your Aadhaar Online
- All you need to login to the online banking portal of SBI – onlinesbi.com.
- After logging in, access the link “Link your Aadhaar Number” under “My Accounts” section which appears on the left side of screen.
- You will be directed to a screen where you can choose account number, provide Aadhar Number and click “Submit”
- It will display the last two digits of registered (non-editable) mobile number
- It will start the process of mapping to your registered mobile number
- SBI users can also link their Aadhaar through SBI ATM, SMS or by visiting branch.
Check Aadhar Application Status Online
UIDAI website has an option to “Verify Aadhar Number” which enables Aadhar card holders and service providers to verify whether Aadhar is valid and not deactivated. With this tool, one can check if Aadhar number is valid.
Look for and click on the link “Verify Aadhaar Number” on the UIDAI website. On Next page, enter 12-digit Aadhar number in the box to verify if Aadhar number is valid. Enter Security code in the second field and click “Verify”.
Then the website will display a message to confirm Aadhar number status for active numbers. Once Aadhar verification process is finished, it also displays the basic details about Aadhar card holder like age and last three digits of mobile number. If Aadhar number is invalid, it says ‘Number doesn’t exist”.
Keep in mind that you will need access to internet banking to link your Aadhar to SBI account online. So, you should first register to SBI internet banking or you can do it offline through SBI bank ATM or by visiting the nearest SBI branch.